After months of planning, we are barely a week away from PIVOT East 2013! This year’s event is the first ever that will be held in Kampala after the last two consecutive years in Nairobi. On this note, having the event in Kampala we felt it would be best to share an all-inclusive checklist of things you need to consider if you plan to attend, or are still sitting on the fence? So, in a nutshell, based on all the information we have to-date, here is the PIVOT East 2013 travel checklist:
PIVOT East will be held the Rwenzori Ballroom of the Sheraton Kampala on the 25th and 26th June 2013. The full programme for the conference and competition can be found at http://www.pivoteast.com/programme/
If you plan to attend PIVOT East 2013, the first and most important thing is that you need to buy your ticket(s). Tickets are being sold online via credit card and mobile money (Kenya and Uganda only) for US$ 100.00. You can buy your ticket(s) online at www.pivoteast.com/payment. If you are unable to buy tickets online for any reason, we recommend that you buy them on-site at PIVOT East in cash in US Dollars.
We have managed to secure competitive rates from Air Uganda for those who would like to fly to PIVOT East 2013. The latest discounted rates from within the region are as follows, as are the contacts for each respective country:
- Kenya: Nairobi – Entebbe – Nairobi @ US$ 298.00. Reservations via Beatrice Netia on tel. +254 (722) 511 230 or email. firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternate contact is Njeri Wachira on tel. +254 (732) 689312 or email. email@example.com.
- Tanzania: Dar-es-Salaam – Entebbe – Dar-Es-Salaam OR Kilimanjaro – Entebbe – Kilimanjaro @ US$ 345.00. Reservations via Lucy Ismail on tel. +255 (783) 111 983 or email. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rwanda: Kigali -Entebbe – Kigali @ US$ 234.00. Reservations via Cyprian Kabeera on +250 (782) 229 572 or email. email@example.com
We have secured the rates as below from the following hotels in Kampala:
- Classic Rooms (Single): US$ 180.00
- Classic Rooms (Double): US$ 230.00
- Executive Rooms (Single): US$ 200.00
- Executive Rooms (Double): US$ 250.00
- Club Rooms (Single): US$ 210.00
- Club Rooms (Double): US$ 260.00
The above rates are inclusive of a Full American Buffet Breakfast and Internet Connectivity, but subject to 18% VAT and US$ 2.00 Local Hotel Tax. IMPORTANT: You have to quote “PIVOT East 2013″ when booking or making reservations to get these preferential rates. You can make reservations on email at Reservation.firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also email Jacqueline Nalubega on email@example.com or call her on tel. +256 (752) 780 013.
- Single Room: US$ 100.00
- Double Room: US$ 160.00
The above rates are on bed and breakfast terms including taxes. Reservations can be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling tel. +256 (312) 391 000 and +256 (774) 442 821.
- Standard Room (Single) US$ 95.00
- Standard Room (Double): US$ 115.00
- Executive Room (Single): US$ 125.00
- Executive Room (Double): US$ 145.00
- Suites (Single): US$ 170.00
- Suites (Double): US$ 185.00
The above rates are inclusive of 18% VAT and as well as Hotel Tax. In addition, Reservations can be made by sending an email to email@example.com or calling tel. +256 (414) 259 571 or +256 (414) 259 572.
NOTE: We will continue to add more information to this checklist as we get it over the next few days leading up to the event so do check-in every couple of days.